How To Write A Personal Gift Card With Flowers - TIPS
Recently Lily's Florist created a really handy tool to help you write your cards - so if you need help writing your card message, for any occasion click here. On this page you will find more example card messages, plus helpful tips on how to use our free gift card message generator.
Messages Of Love
It may be your wedding anniversary, it my be your partners birthday, it may be a case that you simply want to spoil the one you love with flowers. You find something you like, you get to the checkout page, and hang on, you need to think about what to write on the card.
Something to consider is that, in the above mentioned cases, it’s going to be a very personal message, take some time to think about what you are going to say, be honest, and always sign with your name. Optionally you may want to say things like:
Anniversary Messages Of Love
- What a journey we have had, 20 long and wonderful years. Not wishing the time away, but I cannot wait for the next 20! Love you. Xo
- To my love, you are my world, you make me who I am, I will love you forever.
- What an unbelievable life we have had together, the travels, the love, the kids, the experiences, we’ve had it all. Happy anniversary my darling wife.
- Life is a highway babe, I know this sounds corny, but I cannot wait to ride it all ‘life long’...happy anniversary.
- I love you, always have, and always will.
- From the moment we met I have absolutely adored you, now 30 years later my feelings are just like that day.
- The golden years of life, laughter, and loved...I could not think of anyone ever I would rather have spent it with
- My dearest [Wife's Name], another year has passed and my love for you grows stronger each day. You bring light to my life and make every moment brighter. Happy anniversary, my love. Here's to many more years of laughter, happiness, and forever being together. I love you always.
- Happy anniversary to the most amazing girlfriend in the world! You make every day brighter with your smile, laughter, and love. I am so grateful to have you in my life. Here's to many more years of creating unforgettable memories and building our future together. I love you more every day.
- Happy anniversary to my loving partner! Another year has passed, filled with love, laughter, and endless joy. I am so grateful to have you by my side, and I look forward to spending many more anniversaries with you. Here's to a future filled with endless love and happiness. I love you.
- Happy Birthday my love, you mean so much to me, thank you for being you.
- Happy Anniversary my darling, looking back it’s been such a pleasure to be a part of your life, and l am looking so much to the good times ahead.
- Do I need a reason to spoil you, looking forward to the weekend.
- You are the best friend ever, happy birthday!
- Have a cracking day, we’re all thinking of you today.
- Wish big today, you have both earnt it and deserve it.
- All the best for your birthday.
- Dream big today babe, I love you, and happy birthday. I can’t wait to get home and give you a hug.
- Happy birthday to my beautiful wife! Today is all about celebrating you and the amazing person you are. You bring so much love, joy, and happiness into my life. I am so grateful to have you as my partner in life. Enjoy your special day and know how much you are loved.
- Happy birthday to my amazing girlfriend! You light up my life with your smile, laughter, and endless love. You make every day brighter, and I am so grateful to have you in my life. Enjoy your special day, and know that you are loved beyond measure.
- Happy birthday to the most amazing mother in the world! Your love, support, and guidance have shaped me into the person I am today. I am so grateful for everything you do and for always being there for me. May your special day be filled with love, laughter, and endless joy. I love you.
- Happy birthday to the greatest dad in the world! Your love, guidance, and unwavering support have been a constant source of strength for me. I am so grateful for all that you do and for always being there for me. Have a day filled with happiness, laughter, and all your favorite things. I love you.
- Happy birthday to the sweetest grandma in the world! Your love, kindness, and wisdom have been a constant source of comfort and happiness in my life. I am so grateful for all the memories and moments we've shared, and I look forward to making many more. Enjoy your special day filled with love. I love you
New Baby Message
Welcoming a new mum into the world is one of the most special things you can do. You can do this through gifts, and flowers. When choosing flowers for a new baby and new mum it’s most common to be sending them to the hospital where the mum gave birth. As such, you must take care when choosing the right flowers. Our advice is simply to order any flowers that come in a box. That way, when the flowers arrive at the hospital they will not need any care, they can be safely place in the room, then easily transported when ‘Mum & Bub’ checks out.
When writing a card message for a new mum please take some consideration as to what you want to say. Ensure that you get and spell the baby’s name right when you are writing the card message, and ensure you have all the correct hospital and room details for when you order.
Card Writing Tips For A New Mum & Baby
- Congratulations to you both.
- Congratulations on the birth of your new baby John.
- Welcome to the world John, and well done Mum!
- Just wanted to wish you and new bub all the best, we love you both loads.
- What a bundle of joy, I saw the photo’s, please keep them coming. Great times ahead. Love you lots.
- It’s the beginning of a new era for our family, love Grandma.
- You wished for a girl, and you got one! We are all so blessed to have you both in our lives.
- Twins! OMG! I am going to have to buy double the birthday presents now :). Love you sis, cannot wait until you three get home.
- We’re so happy for you all, wishing you all the best in the challenges and fun ahead. Love Mum & Dad.
- It’s a boy! We have been paying and wishing for a boy with you for so long, we are just so chuffed for you and John.
- Congratulations on the arrival of your precious baby boy! May his life be filled with love, laughter, and endless joy. Holding this little bundle of joy in your arms is a true blessing, and I am so happy for your growing family. Enjoy this special time and all the love that comes with it.
- Congrats on new baby girl! Wishing her life of love, joy, and laughter. Holding her is a true blessing. Happy for your growing family. Enjoy this special time filled with love.
Valentine’s Day Messages
Valentine’s Day is one of the busiest days of the year in terms of messages or love and flowers. If you are going to order flowers for that special day we suggest that you think ahead and forward buy your flowers at least a few days in advance. We also suggest that you put a small amount of time thinking about what you may want to say on your free gift card. Being one of the most love filled days of the year it’s import you convey that message through more than just flowers, although they help a lot!
Here are a few suggestions:
- Happy Valentine’s Day beautiful girl, love your secret admirer.
- You are my love, you are my life, you fill me with enjoy every minute I spend with you, have an awesome day. Valentine’s Day!
- You melt my heart every time I see you, you rock, you are my rock, I love you very much.
- You bring me so much happiness and i hope these flowers and this card can show my appreciation, in some small way, of that fact. I love you so much.
- You are the sunshine of my life, I value you, and treasure every moment we spend together. You complete me like no other.
- You fill me with so much joy, and have done since the day we met. The future's so bright, and I cannot wait for it.
- You have a wisdom that I am so lucky to share in and be a part of. You are the shining light of my life. Happy Valentine’s Day my love.
- Happy Valentine's Day to my amazing wife! Your love brightens my life every day. You make every moment special and I am so grateful to have you as my partner. Here's to a future of endless love and happiness. I love you more and more every day.
- Happy Valentine's Day to my beautiful girlfriend! You light up my life with your smile and laughter. I am so grateful for your love and for all the amazing memories we've shared. Here's to a future filled with love and happiness. I love you now and always.
- Happy Valentine's Day to my loving boyfriend! You make every day brighter with your love and support. I am so grateful to have you in my life. Here's to many more years of creating unforgettable memories and building our future together. I love you more every day.
I am Sorry - send the right message
Saying sorry for something is never easy. Choosing the right sorry gift, be it flowers or something else, can potentially go a long way to adding more context to your feelings, and certainly more depth to your sorrow.
If you are looking at sending “I’m sorry” flowers our advice is simple - choose a bunch or an arrangement that is as bright as possible. If you are sending the flowers to a woman then look at flowers yellow or pink in colour. If you are sending flowers to a man consider whites or natives flowers.
As you receive a free gift card with all flowers it is very important that you convey the right message and make it sound genuine and heartfelt. Yet is also must be to the point and accurate as you don’t have that much room to be verbose.
- Please forgive me, I didn’t mean it, I am so deeply sorry.
- I am having a lot of trouble forgiving myself for, can you find it in your heart to forgive me?
- Where do I start...I have done wrong by you, I am so sorry, please forgive me darling.
- Please let me have one more chance, I know I really messed up. Please forgive me.
- I realise that this is just a small gesture, but I sincerely hope these flowers go some way into helping you forgive me for my wrongs.
- I am truly sorry for my thoughtless actions, please try and find a way to forgive me babe.
- I am lost for words to say how for how much I am sorry, please accept these flowers as a token of my sorrow.
- This message and flowers are symbolic of how sorry I am. Please forgive me.
- I hurt your deeply, I am aware of that now, I take full responsibility for that now. Please find a way that you can forgive me as I am hurting so much.
- I hurt your feelings, I get it now, it won’t happen again. I am sorry my love.
- In the heat of the moment I say silly things, that I don’t mean. It won’t happen again, and you know how hard I am working on it. I am sorry.
- Your friendship means the world to me, I have treasured every moment of it. Forgive me, pretty please.
- I'm sorry for any hurt I've caused. You mean the world to me and I never want to hurt you. I hope you can forgive me and that we can move forward with love and understanding. You are my everything and I will make it up to you. I love you.
- I'm sorry for any pain I've caused. You bring so much joy to my life and I never want to hurt you. I hope you can forgive me and that we can move forward with love and happiness. You mean everything to me, and I will make it up to you. I love you.
Sympathy Card Messages
Writing a message of sympathy is one of the most challenging things you can do when ordering flowers. First of all, we would like to point out that the flowers you order are as important as the card message that goes with them. Sympathy flowers are designed to go to the friends or family of the deceased and, as such, thought needs to go into what types of flowers you want to order. We suggest ordering something from our arrangements flower category and the reason for this is that that all flower products in this category come crafted in a appropriate box, meaning that the flower, when delivered, can be left at varying places around the home. It means too that the recipient doesn’t need to be concerned about finding vases as, in most cases, they will receive lots of flowers.
There are two important things to consider here; The first is to consider your relationship with the deceased and what member of the family the flowers are being sent to, deciding on these will determine the style of the car message associated with the flowers.
Card Suggestions To A Family Member - a sympathy message
- We are deeply saddened to hear of the loss of John. As you grieve during this trying time please know that the memories of him will be with us forever.
- We know that your heart is broken, we would like you to know that we are here and fully able to support you during this immensely difficult time.
- Our family's hearts go out to your and your family and whilst we could never comprehend the hardships you are going through at this time, we would like you to know that we are thinking of you and you can call on us at any time.
- We are so sorry to hear about the loss of John. We’re unsure exactly what to say, other that we are here for you.
- We hope the loving memories of your father, some day, go some way to easing the pain you are going through right now.
- We wish all the love in the world to you and your family during this challenging time.
- Please, we are here for you, through the ups, and now through the downs, if there is anything you need, at any time, please let us know. We’re only a phone call away.
- Our thoughts and love are with you.
- Accept our deepest condolences at this difficult time.
- Our thoughts and prayers are with you always.
- Thinking of you during this difficult time and sending love and comfort. You are not alone. May fond memories bring a smile to your face and strength to get through this. My deepest sympathies and condolences.
Card Suggestions For Funeral Flowers
As we briefly mentioned about funeral flowers are different to Sympathy Flowers in that they usually are sent to the ceremony and or the cemetery. Therefore careful consideration needs to be given when sending funeral flowers. Funeral flowers are usually made up of both Funeral Wreaths and Funeral Sheaths, people rarely send flower bunches, but sometimes send flower arrangements.
This means that the card message needs to be more suited to a memory of the deceased, rather than saying something about the family member or members.
- With loving memories.
- Your memories will be with us forever.
- The joy your brought our lives will always be remembered.
- You were the light in our lives, you will be sorely missed, but never forgotten.
- In loving memory of John, thanks for the memories.
- May your soul rest easy my friend. Be at peace.